Sunday, November 29, 2015

Mrs. Derry Nov.30th-Dec. 4th

Wow, I truly can't believe we are going into December this week. I hope everyone had a wonderful break and is refreshed to finish out these next 3 weeks. I want everyone to know that I am blessed to be your child's teacher and feel so thankful to be at Hardin Valley. This is what is going on this week:

ELA: Writing: Compare and Contrast
ADW Study: Vowel sound in shout
Grammar: Subject Verb Agreement (We will go over rules of the subject verb agreement.
Reading: How The Night Came From The Sea. This genre is a myth.

Math: We will be going over Topic 8: Division

Social Studies: We will be discussing the major military battles, campaigns and turning points of the American Revolution. Bunker (Breed's) Hill, Valley Forge, Princeton and Trenton, Saratoga, King's Mountain, and Yorktown. We will also be discussing how the Revolution affected the Watauga Settlement. 

Science: Refer to Mrs. Fortson's part on the Science page.

My homeroom will be doing a service project for a local school. We are going to be collecting toboggans and gloves for student's at Sarah Moore Greene Magnet School. I will be delivering them right before we go on break. I will give more detail this next week.